Thursday, January 29, 2015

WELCOME to AMM, January 2015!
I am looking forward to our evolving journey in music and technology this semester.

Grade 11: If this is your first class with me, welcome. I think you'll find I'm pretty straightforward with my goals for you, and if you work decently on achieving them on reasonable timelines, you'll have lots of time for personal exploration and growth in this class.

If you've had a class with me before, welcome back. I look forward to continuing with your on your musical journey.

Grade 12: Welcome back! If it's your second year in this class, we're going to work on making it rewarding and useful for your future post-secondary paths. Oh and fun. Definitely fun.

A few important housekeeping items:
  • Please obtain a USB key to save your work for this class - the TDSB system is not quite trustworthy for keeping track of large files.
  • If you are not able to get a USB key, please try to sit at the same computer every time and save your work in the LOCAL SHARED FOLDER.
  • Your first stop every class will always be this website. We may be using other online spaces for our collaboration, but for now, this blog will be the spot to check for upcoming assignments, etc.
  • Follow our course hashtag on Twitter #LHSAMM for more supplemental material.
For our first day together we'll go over the course outline, a music theory pre-assessment, and do a little online reading and responding.

To begin, please follow this link to complete a little survey for me to get to know you!



No comments:

Post a Comment